Dental Crowns in Warren
What is a Porcelain Crown?
A porcelain crown, also referred to as a cap, is a tooth-colored, protective piece that is placed over a damaged tooth to restore its appearance and function. There are a variety of reasons why a person might need a dental crown, and our team will make sure we find a solution that best meets your needs.
Undergoing treatment with porcelain crowns will help restore your tooth’s function while boosting your confidence. We will create a custom treatment plan during your consultation so you can feel confident in choosing Warren Family Dentistry. Learn more about our process below.
Who Will Benefit From Crowns
As mentioned, a dental crown is typically needed to protect and restore a tooth that’s been previously damaged. A good candidate for a dental crown is someone who needs to:
- Protect a weak tooth from breaking or decay
- Restore a broken, chipped, or cracked tooth
- Cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t a lot of a tooth left
- Hold a dental bridge in place or cover a dental implant
- Improve the shape or color of a tooth
How the Procedure Works
After your consultation, we’ll schedule a time for you to return to begin your treatment process. Here’s what you can expect with your crowns procedure:
- First, we’ll have to reshape your tooth that is receiving treatment so the crown can fit precisely over it. This won’t hurt at all because we will apply a local anesthetic to numb the area.
- Once we’ve smoothed down your tooth, our team will take impressions of the tooth so a crown can be designed to match the color, shape, and size of your natural teeth.
- Since your dental crown is individually created at a dental lab, there’s usually a two week period between preparing your tooth and placing your crown. So, before you leave your first appointment, we’ll place a temporary crown to protect your tooth until the permanent one is finished.
- After about two weeks, you’ll return to our Warren office and we’ll ensure that your new crown looks and fits perfectly over your tooth. If both you and Dr. Moureiden are happy with the results of the crown, we’ll safely secure it over your tooth and you’ll be able to leave with a beautiful new smile.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dental crowns generally last up to 15 years with the right care, but they do have the potential to last up to 25 years. By continuing a proper hygiene routine and going to your regular dental exams, this will help increase the lifespan of your crown.
Choosing a trusted dentist, such as Dr. Moureiden, will also ensure that your procedure is completed successfully and will deliver you with excellent results.
Before placing a crown, our team will apply a local anesthetic to ensure your treatment is pain-free and completely comfortable. After your dental crown procedure, there is a possibility that you’ll experience some minor discomfort, but this can be easily alleviated with over-the-counter pain medicine.
Please don’t hesitate to give us a call at our Warren dental office to schedule an appointment or if you have any questions (586) 574-9500.
Unfortunately, your dental crown can’t be whitened with a whitening treatment because each porcelain crown is made in a dental lab to blend in with your natural teeth.
If you notice that your crown is whiter than your natural teeth because they’re starting to discolor, then we can provide you with a whitening treatment here. This will help ensure your entire smile remains bright and beautiful for years to come.
Properly taking care of your teeth and gums is the best way to avoid needing a dental crown. When you visit our Warren office for your biannual checkups, and you regularly brush and floss your teeth, this will help you maintain good oral health.
Any complications that might appear during your dental appointments are best when treated early on. This way our team can suitably treat the problem before they progress.
Contact Warren Family Dentistry Today
Ready to get in touch with our Warren dental team and receive a restorative dental treatment that improves your smile? Our porcelain crowns are the perfect treatment for those looking to repair a broken tooth or want to correct a dental imperfection.
Give us a call today to get started with a consultation (586) 574-9500.