Porcelain Veneers in Warren, MI
When you look in the mirror, are you discouraged by your smile? Do you think that having a smile that emanates beauty would get you further in life? With the many benefits of smiling, you shouldn’t feel the need to hold back. Porcelain veneers will help you achieve your perfect smile, so you’ll have one more reason to show it off.
Veneers are thin porcelain shells that cover the front surfaces of teeth to correct any imperfections. They’re customized to fit your teeth and seamlessly blend with the contours of your smile.
What Can Veneers Correct?
In addition to improvements in confidence, veneers can correct a variety of dental issues such as teeth that are:
- Worn down
- Chipped or broken
- Irregularly shaped
It’s no secret that having an attractive smile often helps you succeed and a new set of perfect teeth may be just what you need to see improvements in other aspects of your life.
What’s the Process for Getting Veneers?
During your initial consultation, you’ll discuss your smile goals with Dr. Moureiden so we know what areas you’re looking to improve. You’ll also pick the shade of your new teeth and a mold will be taken to ensure a perfect fit. The veneers treatment is simple and can be completed in a few steps, including:
- Prior to beginning, Dr. Moureiden will be sure to numb your teeth and gums.
- The enamel will be shaved to create space for the veneer and to give it a rough surface to bond with.
- In most cases, it’ll take a couple of weeks for your veneers to arrive from our laboratory. Once they’re ready, you’ll return to our office so we can bond them to your teeth.
- During your next appointment, Dr. Moureiden will assess the fit of your new veneers and make any necessary adjustments to ensure your bite is lined up.
- Your veneers will be cemented in place and a special light will secure their position.
- Excess cement will be removed and we’ll make any final adjustments.
- You’ll leave with your new perfect smile.
What Are the Aftercare Instructions?
Immediately following your veneers treatment, you’ll want to avoid certain foods until you’ve adjusted to your new bite. After a few weeks, there shouldn’t be any restrictions on the foods you can eat unless otherwise specified by Dr. Moureiden.
The foods that may damage your porcelain veneers include:
- Hard candy
While you can still eat these foods, chewing them without caution increases the likelihood of damaging your veneers. To improve the longevity of your new teeth, you’ll want to brush your teeth twice a day, floss daily, and rinse between meals.
In addition to following a regular oral hygiene routine, you’ll want to schedule biannual visits to our Warren office so we can examine your veneers and make any adjustments or recommend a new set if it’s time.
You’ll also want to reduce the amount of food and beverages that are known to stain teeth and use a non-abrasive toothpaste so you don’t scratch your veneers. With proper care, your veneers can last 15 years or more.