Restore Your Smile With Dental Crowns
Living with damaged teeth can greatly impact your oral health and the confidence you have in your smile. At Warren Family Dentistry, we provide custom dental crowns to restore the integrity of your smile and improve the state of your oral health. Our high-quality tooth restorations are customized specifically for each patient to ensure a beautiful, seamless smile.
Explore more about dental crowns with Dr. Behbood by reading our patient-friendly guide below.
What Is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown, also known as a tooth cap, is a protective covering placed over a damaged tooth to restore its natural appearance and function. Our crowns are personalized to ensure that they seamlessly blend into each unique smile.
We use dental crowns to fix a variety of oral health issues, such as:
- Protect a weak tooth from breaking or decaying
- Restore broken, chipped, or cracked teeth
- Cover and support a tooth with a large filling
- Improve the shape and color of teeth
- Hold a dental bridge in place or finalize a dental implant
Benefits of Dental Crowns
As a high-quality restorative treatment, dental crowns provide multiple benefits for patients, including:
- Non-invasive procedure
- Quick, two appointment process
- Customized for your unique smile
- Crowns come in natural shades to blend in with your surrounding teeth
- Prevents the need for further treatments
The Dental Crowns Process
Restoring your smile with dental crowns at Warren Family Dentistry can be completed in just as two appointments at our Warren office. In just five steps, you’ll achieve a fully functional, natural-looking smile:
- You’ll begin with an initial consultation with Dr. Behbood. She’ll perform a full examination of the teeth, gums, and jaw to ensure dental crowns are the perfect solution for your dental needs.
- At your first dental crowns appointment, we’ll reshape the targeted tooth to ensure a perfect fit. We’ll apply a local anesthetic to minimize any discomfort.
- Once it’s been smoothed down, we’ll take highly accurate impressions of your tooth. This allows your crown to be crafted to match the color, shape, and size of your natural tooth.
- Your crown will be created at a dental lab, typically taking around two weeks to complete. Before you leave your first appointment, we’ll provide you with a temporary restoration until your permanent crown is ready.
- When your crown is ready, you’ll return to our Warren office. Dr. Behbood will make sure that your custom crown looks and fits perfectly over your tooth. Once you’re happy with your restoration, we’ll safely secure it and you’ll leave our practice with a healthy, beautifully restored smile.
Caring for Your Dental Crown
Your custom restoration can last up to 15 years with proper care. We recommend following these guidelines to protect the integrity of your dental crown:
- Practice attentive brushing. Make sure you’re brushing your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste.
- Floss daily.
- Avoid hard foods. Chewing on hard foods, like nuts, candy, and ice, may cause your crown to crack.
- If you grind or clench your teeth at night, Dr. Behbood may recommend a nightguard to protect your crown and surrounding teeth.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the dental crown procedure won’t cause you any pain. Our Warren team will apply a local anesthetic before the procedure to ensure a pain-free and comfortable treatment. After the procedure, you can expect to feel some minor discomfort, but this can be easily managed with over-the-counter pain medication.
If you experience pain that can’t be managed, please contact our Warren office right away by calling (586) 574-9500.
No, your dental crown can’t be whitened. Since each porcelain crown is created in a dental lab to match your natural smile, it won’t respond to a professional whitening treatment. If you notice that your crown is whiter than your surrounding teeth, we offer professional whitening treatments for your natural teeth. Simply schedule a consultation with Dr. Behbood at Warren Family Dentistry and we’ll find the solution you’re looking for.
Rejuvenate Your Smile at Warren Family Dentistry
Discover how a dental crown can repair your teeth and rejuvenate your smile’s appearance. Schedule your appointment with Dr. Behbood by calling our Warren office at (586) 574-9500. You can also reach out by filling out our online contact form and one of our staff members will get back to you shortly. We look forward to meeting you!