Am I a Candidate for Invisalign® Clear Aligners?
Straightening your teeth as an adult is now easier than ever with Invisalign® clear aligners. Invisalign uses a series of removable, transparent aligners to shift your teeth into their ideal positions over time. The aligners are virtually invisible, making Invisalign an extremely discreet way to achieve the smile you’ve always wanted.
If you’re considering Invisalign, you likely have questions about whether this treatment is right for you. Dr. Sahel Behbood, our Warren, MI, Invisalign provider at Warren Family Dentistry, can help determine if you’re a good candidate for Invisalign treatment.
Call (586) 574-9500 today to schedule your Invisalign consultation and learn whether you’re a good candidate for these clear aligners.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a clear aligner system that straightens your smile using a series of custom plastic aligners. You’ll wear each aligner for approximately two weeks before switching it out for the next in the series, gradually shifting your teeth into straighter positions.
Invisalign aligners are BPA-free and removable, so you can take them out for eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing. Treatment times vary based on each case, but the average Invisalign treatment spans six to 18 months. You’ll visit our Warren dental office every four to six weeks for treatment monitoring and to receive new aligners until treatment is complete.
Am I a Good Candidate for Invisalign?
While many people can benefit from Invisalign treatment, the best candidates meet certain criteria:
- Fully Erupted Adult Teeth: Invisalign works best on fully erupted permanent teeth. It cannot move baby or permanent teeth that have not come in yet.
- Mild to Moderate Alignment Issues: Invisalign can treat simple alignment problems such as minor crowding or spacing. More complex issues like severe crowding, crossbites, or overbites may require traditional braces or a combination of Invisalign and braces.
- Good Oral Health Habits: Proper brushing, flossing, and regular dental cleanings are essential during Invisalign treatment to prevent tooth decay and gum disease. Candidates need to demonstrate good oral hygiene practices.
- Commitment To Treatment: For the best results, aligners must be worn 20 to 22 hours per day. You’ll also need to attend all required appointments for new aligner fittings and progress checks. The discipline to follow instructions is key.
- Realistic Expectations: Invisalign can accomplish a lot, but it has limitations. Discuss your treatment goals with Dr. Behbood to develop realistic expectations about the results Invisalign can achieve for your smile.
Invisalign Consultation with Dr. Behbood
The best way to determine if you are an Invisalign candidate is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Behbood at Warren Family Dentistry. As an Invisalign Premier Provider, Dr. Behbood has extensive experience with Invisalign treatment.
During your visit, she will:
- Review your dental and medical history
- Conduct a comprehensive oral exam using digital scanning technology
- Take X-rays of your teeth and jaw if needed
- Discuss your treatment goals and options
- Determine if Invisalign is right for you or if braces or other orthodontic treatments would be better
- Create an individualized Invisalign treatment plan mapping out each stage
- Explain how to care for your aligners and teeth during treatment
- Answer any questions you have about Invisalign
Frequently Asked Questions
Invisalign can help older teens and adults. Younger teens should wait until all permanent teeth are fully erupted before starting treatment, usually around age 15 or 16. There’s no maximum age limit for Invisalign as long as you have healthy teeth and gums.
In some cases, yes. Mild to moderate underbites and overbites can be corrected with Invisalign alone. More severe bite issues may require using Invisalign with braces for certain parts of the treatment process. Schedule a consultation so your dentist can determine the best options for fixing your underbite or overbite.
Yes, Invisalign is an effective treatment for closing gaps or spaces between teeth. The aligners use controlled force to bring teeth closer together incrementally. Small to moderate gaps can be closed completely with Invisalign treatment.
Invisalign and braces can achieve similar results in many cases. Invisalign may work better than braces for issues like minor crowding or spacing. Braces may be better for complex cases like severe crowding or bite problems. Talk to your dentist about whether braces or Invisalign would be more effective for your orthodontic needs.
Schedule an Invisalign Consultation Today!
If you’re considering Invisalign, take the first step and book a consultation with Dr. Behbood. As an Invisalign Premier Provider, she has the experience to determine your candidacy and create a tailored Invisalign treatment plan.
Call Warren Family Dentistry today at (586) 574-9500 or request an appointment online to schedule your Invisalign consultation. Achieve the smile you’ve always wanted with Invisalign! We’re happy to meet new and returning patients from the Warren area, including Fraser, Eastpointe, and Hazel Park, MI.